On this 4-day lodge safari you will see elephant herds in Tarangire National Park, enjoy the diversified landscapes of Lake Manyara National Park and lastly visit the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater.
In the morning you will be picked up at your hotel and after a short briefing, you will travel in a south-westerly direction to the Tarangire National Park, best-known for its elephant herds. The park has a diversity of landscapes and animals range from swarms of yellow breasted lovebirds to buffaloes, giraffes and warthogs. Predators include lions, leopards and hyenas, while wild dogs are very rare. In the late afternoon you will leave the park and travel to the Lake Burunge Tented Camp or similar accommodation, where you will spend the night.
After breakfast you leave the Tarangire Area and via the town of Mto wa Mbu, you make your way to the Lake Manyara National Park. The park stretches along the 600 m high Rift Valley Escarpment and is dominated by the shallow and alkaline Lake Manyara which attracts thousands of birds, including huge flocks of flamingos. Other animals in the park include buffaloes, elephants, hippos and Maasai giraffes as well as troops of boisterous baboons and monkeys in the forests. The park once became famous for tree climbing lions and if you are lucky to spot them you will be amused by the site of these animals lounging on branches in the acacia trees. After extensive game viewing, you will leave the park in the afternoon to continue your journey to Karatu, where you will spend the night at the Karatu Simba Lodge or similar accommodation.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
After an early breakfast you will make your way into the crater on a steep and narrow road. The slopes are forested but soon the landscape changes to savannah dotted with the occasional acacia tree. The wildlife here is absolutely breath-taking and if you are lucky you might spot the “Big Five” – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. The crater is also home to warthogs, wildebeests, zebras, hippos, hyenas and many more. After a morning full of game viewing and a picnic lunch you will leave the crater in the afternoon and head back to Karatu, where you will spend another night at Kitela Lodge.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
After a leisurely breakfast you will leave the Kitela Lodge and make your way back to Arusha, where you will arrive around noon. You will be dropped off at a hotel of your choice or at the airport. Breakfast; Lunch
Safari Price Inclusions
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- A full-time safari guide (English Speaking) and his associated expenses
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodation as noted in this itinerary on full board basis
- Fruits and water in the Vehicle, while on the game drives and throughout your Trip
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Game drives in a private 4WD vehicle
- Ranger guide fees
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- Boat Launch Cruise (S) Where applicable
Safari Price Exclusions
- International flights
- Money transfer costs
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- All drinks including alcoholic beverages
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, internet services etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Gratuities for Guide/driver
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control