The 6 day Uganda Safari is a great way to see a few highlights of South western Uganda, lake Mburo and the Gorillas in Bwindi make for a great introduction to the pearl of Africa
Arrive in Entebbe. Meet and greet on arrival, have a meal at Lake Victoria Hotel, depending on what time of day you arrive. We then drive to Lake Mburo National Park on sealed roads passing through papyrus swamps adjacent to Lake Victoria
as well as rain forests and the plains of Ankole home of the long horn cattle. Lake Mburo National Park is a small park, a true birder’s paradise, you may see antelope and other grazers, one of the only places to easily see Impala and zebra in Uganda. Game drives offer particularly picturesque game viewing with the Parkʹs mixture of savannah, acacia woodlands, grassy valleys, rocky outcrops, swamps, lakes and beautiful landscapes, the herds of impala (found nowhere else in Uganda), buffalo, plus water buck and eland are among the variety of wildlife to be seen. Birders will enjoy the Parkʹs 310 recorded water and dry land species. In this valley we can operate night drives and walks. This is the only park where we will see Impala and Burchellʹs Zebra. It is an excellent place for walking and exploring, in the hope of seeing the Klipspringer. Arrive to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay
Overnight at Mihingo Lodge (LD)
After breakfast, explore the park with a short games drive, and then continue southwest into the area known as East Africa’s Switzerland, the road is sealed for half the drive, turning into an all-weather dirt road. The route passes through areas of breathtaking scenery, high hills and low valleys that are for the most part cultivated. We arrive at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, widely known for gorilla trekking and now a World Heritage Site.
Overnight at Buhoma Lodge (BLD)
After breakfast take a short drive to Park Headquarters and meet with excellent local guides and trackers who will brief you on the etiquette of gorilla trekking. We then hike into the forest where the gorillas were last seen the night before and track from that point. The trekking can take from 1 to 6 hours and climb to altitudes in excess of 7,500 feet. The terrain is rough and at times muddy when it rains. Although the hike is physically demanding the beauty of the forest and surrounding scenery make the trekking worthwhile. Once the gorillas are located all fatigue is forgotten, as the experience is often described as being the most profound natural history experience in the world. Picnic lunches are provided and it is important to take plenty of water. Picture of these great creatures can then be taken. Rain gear is advised as the rains here can be quite abrupt.
Overnight at Buhoma Lodge (BLD)
Second gorilla tracking day.
On this day we drive back to Lake Mburo National Park staying at the luxurious Mihingo Lodge.
Overnight at Mihingo Lodge (BLD)
This morning we drive back to Entebbe, this takes approximately 5 hours – road and weather dependent. If time permits it is possible to stop in Kampala for shopping and lunch and a visit to the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers. You are then transferred to Entebbe International airport to connect with your departure flight. Please note the departure flight must be in the late afternoon or evening, alternatively another overnight stay can be arranged in Entebbe.
Safari Price Inclusions
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- A full time safari guide (English Speaking) and associated expenses
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodation as noted in this itinerary on full board basis
- Water, while on the game drives and throughout your trip
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Game drives in a private 4WD vehicle
- Ranger guide fees
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- Boat Launch Cruise(s)
Safari Price Exclusions
- Money transfer costs
- Swamp Walk in Bigodi
- Entrance at the Amabere ga Nyinamwiru
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- All drinks including alcoholic beverages
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, internet services etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Gratuities for Guide/driver
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control