4 Day Murchison Falls Safari
You will be picked up from your residence in Kampala 7:00 am then head North west, on a 6 – 7 hour drive through the districts of Luwero, Nakasongola and Masindi through these you will see traditional farms and villages en-route, with a stop over at Masindi for a leg stretch and refreshments. Proceed to the top of the top of the Thunderous Murchison Falls, different view points are a Photographer’s Delight, you could have a walk to the falls where you will have you will have some of the best views of both the Freedom Falls and the Murchison Falls. Drive to your lodge arriving around 6:15pm.
After an early morning breakfast you will go for a 3-4 hour game drive through the Murchison falls all the way to the Lake Albert Delta where the highest concentration of Game is. On this drive, your guide will help you spot elephants, giraffes, water and bush bucks, buffalos, hippos Uganda kob, lions, butterflies and a wide range of bird species. Return to the Lodge and relax, have lunch, then go for a boat cruise at 2:00pm to the base of the majestic Murchison Falls. On this trip you may see crocodiles bask in the sun, hippos yawn on the way, Elephants, bush and water bucks, giraffes, buffalos. A wide range of birds species are a delight. Disembark from the boat while at the base of the falls, go for a hike, while on this hike, bird and butterfly species may be seen, it is a 40 – 50 minute hike, with stunning views of both freedom and Murchison Falls. You will then be met by your Guide driver at the Top of the Falls. Return to your accommodation for dinner and over night stay.
After an early morning breakfast you will go for a 3-4 hour game drive in search of more game that may not have been seen the day before. Your guide will help you through this process same as the day before. Return to the Lodge and relax, have lunch, then have a laid back afternoon, then go for a sunset Boat Launch cruise at 4pm to the Delta point, where, the mighty Nile joins Lake Albert and pours into what then becomes the Albert Nile. This has the Hippo Pool as well as a big concentration of Game, you may also see elephants, bush and water bucks, giraffes, buffalos, as well as a wide range of bird and butterfly species Return. to your accommodation for dinner.
Have a Leisurely breakfast by then check out at, pick up your lunch packs from the reception, cross the ferry over River Nile at 9:00am from the North bank to the south bank to proceed through budongo Forest to the Kichumbanyumbo gate. After which you will then embark on your journey back to Kampala via Masindi, stop over for a short Break (picnic late lunch), after which you will then proceed to Kampala to arrive in the mid afternoon.
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- A full-time safari guide (English Speaking) and his associated expenses
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodation as noted in this itinerary on full board basis
- Fruits and water in the Vehicle, while on the game drives and throughout your Trip
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Game drives in a private 4WD vehicle
- Ranger guide fees
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- Boat Launch Cruise (S) Where applicable
- International flights
- Money transfer costs
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- All drinks including alcoholic beverages
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, internet services etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Gratuities for Guide/driver
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.